Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Word Wall Makeover! Guess What? And Amber from Sparkles, Smiles and Student Teaching please contact me. You won and I don't know your email . .

Happy Wednesday! I have a question for you-How do you feel about your Word Wall? Well, I used to have a love/hate relationship with mine. What's more, is the children kindof regarded it as a "piece of the furniture." In the past I have utilized a variety of methods of posting the words on the wall-velcro, staples and push pins. I was never really satisfied and felt like it was easy for the children to use. A couple of weeks ago, I knew it had to change. As in, that very minute! I began taking all of the words down during the school day. I am sure the kids thought I had lost my mind! They soon realized I had a plan in mind. Here is a photo of a section of my new and improved Word Wall . . .I think the length in total is about 11 or 12 feet long.



I purchased the Word Wall Alphabet Tags from Melanie at Schoolgirl Style and the pocket charts from Amazon.


The children have LoVeD it and are using it soooooo much more. They are able to come up and borrow the word and then bring it back after using it. Yay!

Have a great evening! Oh! I almost forgot . . .something fun came in the mail  this week . . .any guesses?
                                     Becca, Camille and Chari, you can't guess!

11 comments:

Lori Rosenberg said...

Your word wall looks great. Mine is huge; it spans one and a half walls. However, I'm pinning yours just in case I ever have to downsize. I love how it's so colorful and appealing.

Lori (luvyorkies@gmail.com)
Teaching With Love and Laughter

Kristen said...

It looks fabulous!!

Unknown said...

Thanks girls! Guess what else!? The pocket charts are almost a perfect match to the big rug in my classroom. Yay! As weird as it sounds that really makes me happy. :)
Lory

Lohren Nolan said...

The word wall is definitely a place that needs some more love in my classroom. That is one of my weaknesses because I can never seem to stay on top of it! I love this word wall and will probably have to try it out! Thanks for sharing!

totallyterrificteachingtools.blogspot.com

Lohren Nolan

Cupcake said...

I. Love. Your. Word Wall. I really, really do!!! Pinned and trying to figure out how to make it work for me {I don't have 11 feet to spare}!!!
❤Teri
A Cupcake for the Teacher

Unknown said...

Your word wall is BEAUTIFUL!



Rachel
Ms. Rachel’s Room

Barbara said...

That's a very good idea! I use magnets on the back of my words, but ilove how yours looks much better.
Barbara
Grade ONEderful
Ruby Slippers

Sheree Peterson said...

I LOVE your word wall! I've been rethinking mine for next year. Great idea.
Petersons-Pad

Liz said...

I love your word wall!!! I'm moving from K yo 1st next year and I'm thinking of revamping my word wall! How many pocket charts did you end up purchasing to cover all words through z? Thanks for sharing!!!

Anonymous said...

Your Word Wall idea is the THE BEST thing I've EVER seen! My Word Wall is a mess. It is on a chalkboard that I do not use. I tape bulletin board paper (which always bubbles) and it starts to fall apart by January. Seriously debating on doing this. The only problem is that I teach fifth grade, and I might have way too many words.

I started a teaching/fashion blog! Check it out!
myclassroomismyrunway.blogspot.com

Clip Art by Carrie Teaching First said...

Lory,
Just saw your word wall post and just wanted to comment on how we started using the interactive word wall last year and LOVE it. We mainly do it for our thematic words to use for writing. A great tool for kids to check their work.

Carrie
C&C Teach First

Pin It button on image hover