Sunday, May 6, 2012

Global Perspective

A few months ago I was getting ready to teach my map unit when I "happened" across this pin on pinterest. I couldn't get back to the original site, grrrr, so I decided to make my own. If you happen to know who DID come up with this please let me know so I can put credit where it is due!


This is what I came up with:
Me on the Map

To get the pictures I simply searched for our state, county, or city in google images. To get where our school was I found a street map of our city and moved around until I found our school on the map. Those of you in Iron County are in luck, all you will have to do is find your school on a map when you print this.

I just got thinking it might be better to have the kids write the labels for each of the pictures. I used to be wary of having the kids write anything, but the more I let them do the writing I have found the more they take ownership in their learning. I hope I remember my own advice for next year. ;)



2 comments:

Unknown said...

It looks so cute hanging in your room Becca. What a fun idea :)
Lory

Miss Nelson said...

Thanks for sharing. Love the mobile.
Come check out my giveaway today! It's for a free membership to ESGI.
www.missnelsonsgotthecamera.blogspot.com

Pin It button on image hover