Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Writing 'Menu" Display

Hi gang! I mentioned in an earlier post that I had my eye on this from Lori Rosenberg
Well, I purchased it over the weekend, printed it and went straight out to my classroom on Saturday evening to set it up! This is a picture of my bulletin board

and a partial picture of my baskets underneath
I made number tags so that it would be easy for the kids to match up the item on the "writing Menu" with the basket that contains the appropriate writing template. I am introducing the menu items one at a item and showing how to match with the correct basket. So far, it has been a big hit! They love it!


Click here to print number cards

Hope you all had a good day!






7 comments:

The Colorful Apple said...

Such a great display! I love it!

Sara :)
Smiling In Second Grade

Jill said...

I was thinking of buying this, now after seeing yours I am on my way here noe. Thanks for sharing.
Jill

Lori Rosenberg said...

Oh, wow! I am so excited to read your post! I adore the number idea. I am so going to do that. I can't thank you enough for all the shout-outs you have given me. You have made my year! Thanks so much!
Ѽ Lori
Teaching With Love and Laughter
luvyorkies@gmail.com

Barbara said...

Slightly off topic, but are all your BBs black? I was thinking of changing mine over but was worried it might look weird or dark.Yours looks good! beleyne@gmail.com
Thanks!

Barbara
Grade ONEderful
Ruby Slippers Blog Designs

Fluttering Through First Grade said...

Lory-it must be a "Lory-Lori Thing!" You girls are talented. This looks amazing. Love the idea of the menu and allowing them to choose what they are feeling and run with it. So often we say, "write on this topic." We understand writers block and think we forget that the kids may have it too! Thanks for sharing!

~Christy & Tammy
Fluttering Through First Grade

Lori Rosenberg said...

I'm so excited about the numbers! I printed them today and will laminate them and hang them on Monday. I'll take some pictures when I'm done and give you a HUGE shout-out for coming up with this great idea! Thanks again!
Ѽ Lori
Teaching With Love and Laughter
luvyorkies@gmail.com

Unknown said...

glad the numbers worked out!
Lory :)

Pin It button on image hover