Sunday, November 11, 2012

Animal Characteristics

We have been studying animals and their groups.  This was my culminating activity.  First I made six copies of the sentences.  Then I cut out all of the sentences and put them in envelopes.  I divided the class into 6 groups and gave each group an envelope and poster.  To make the poster I cut out the animal group words and glued them at the top of a 12"x18" piece of white construction paper.  Then each group had to read the sentences and glue on the correct ones for their group.  When they were finished, I had them draw pictures of the animals that could be in their group.  It was a very fun activity!

Here's the finished product:




Poster Headers
Sentences

2 comments:

Katie said...

How cute! I especially love the student-made artwork. Isn't a child's drawing just precious? Love!

-Katie
A Worm in the Apple

Rachel said...

Thank you so much! We are working on animals too!

Pin It button on image hover