I also want to thank Jennifer from First Grade Blue Skies for coming up with this darling snowman project:
As I was sitting in my classroom this week admiring them it made me thnk of doing a 3 dimensional heart for Valentine's Day. So here is what I came up with on the spur of the moment:
1. I cut heart templates from legal sized file folders. I made a variety of heart shapes and sizes so that the children could choose.
2. The children decided on a color of paper and traced the heart 2 times. Then, they crumpled up paper towels to put between the 2 layers.
3. After I stapled their 2 layers together, the children decorated their hearts with pieces of scrapbook paper and buttons.
4. Once the decorating was finished I sprayed them with red glitter spray.
5. The final touch was adding a name tag and some raffia . . .