Sunday, December 11, 2011

Friendly Letter

After our iPads arrived I thought it would be a good idea if the kids wrote thank you notes to the people who helped make it possible for us to get them. So I whipped up this writing form.

Click here to get one for yourself.





Then I realized I needed to cover the parts of a letter with them, since we hadn't done that yet. So I whipped up an anchor chart for them to look at.
(sorry about the magnet)
 What a perfect opportunity to give the kids an authentic reason to write. I could tell that they had a purpose because they were concentrating so hard on their writing and making sure that their handwriting was legible (another authentic purpose). I love it when we can give the kids a reason for why we teach what we do at school. It makes all of the difference.



1 comment:

Kristen said...

I love your chart! What a perfect visual!
Kristen

Pin It button on image hover